Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Holiday


Holidays are tough. There's really no way around it. Holidays are a reminder of what once was and no longer is. They're a reminder that your family is not whole. This is something I face throughout every holiday. I imagine it will get easier (my parents aren't officially divorced yet, so things are still new), but for now it's difficult. It's a year of "firsts" for me--first Christmas as a broken family, first Easter without my family, etc. I hate it. I've been doing so well lately, but when holidays roll around I start to feel my walls crumble. This is not the way I had ever thought I would live.

For all of you other ACOD's out there going through this--I feel your pain. I hope you can find some joy this holiday. While no one can EVER be a substitute for your family, your extended family and friends can be a great source of comfort to you during this time. Sometimes in times like these, others can step in to help us pick up the pieces. My advice? Let them.

I wish you all many blessings this holiday--blessings of strength and of hope.

Anyone have any advice for those going through a holiday in the midst of a divorce? Would love to hear from those of you whose parents have been divorced for a longer time. Feel free to comment or email me at acod16@gmail.com.

1 comment:

C said...

Oh Michelle, I wish I could hug you. Stay strong. Love you, praying for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...