Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moving Forward

I didn't realize my last post would spark so many comments from people! Don't get me wrong...I love it. It means people are reading my blog and interacting with it...all good stuff :) However, I do feel like I need to clarify my last post and what I meant by it. So here goes...

When I said I'm taking my life back I meant that I am going to try to make healthy decisions for myself each day. Decisions that enable me to move forward, not back. Does it mean I'm going to stop blogging? Absolutely not. I'm going to keep blogging about my journey because that's what it is. A journey. That means I have good days and bad days. And I'm going to write about both. If I have a bad day, it doesn't mean I'm not moving forward. It means I'm having a bad day and need to acknowledge it. Let's face it...this is unchartered territory. I'm doing the best I can and taking it day by day. And I'm allowing myself to be vulnerable enough to share my journey with you all.

This is real stuff, happening as we speak. I hope that others who are going through the same thing (or any other difficult situation in life...we all have them) will be inspired by my journey. I hope they will realize that it's okay to be sad, angry, happy, whatever. It's okay to think about how hurt you are, with the knowledge that you can't allow that hurt to eat you up inside. Am I healed because I'm taking my life back? No way. It's going to take years for me to heal from this. And quite frankly, I don't know that you ever recover from something traumatic like this. You just learn how to move forward and live a "new normal." You recognize that you don't have all the answers and that's okay.

I hope this helps clarify things. I'm moving forward, but I'm going to continue writing about my journey. Sometimes I'll feel sad. Sometimes I'll feel happy. Sometimes I'll feel somewhere in between. And you, my dear readers, will get to experience it all along with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...