Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Drowning


I received an email from one of my readers saying that her parents just announced their divorce and she feels like she's drowning. She feels like it's all she can do to keep her head above water, go to work and go about the rest of her life.

Boy, can I relate. I STILL feel that way. Something so traumatic has happened in your life that it seems like you're just a shell of a person. But trust me...you're more than that. You're doing better than you imagine.

We're always the toughest on ourselves, aren't we? We beat ourselves up for everything. I spent most of the months after my parents announced they were getting a divorce beating myself up for taking it so hard. I felt like I could barely get out of bed in the morning, let alone go to work. But somehow I did it. And it turns out, I wasn't doing as badly as I thought.

If there's anything I've learned through all this, it's that we're much, much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. There is power within each of us to overcome a difficult situation. Is it going to be difficult? Is it going to feel incredibly painful? Are we going to feel like we can't put another foot forward? Yes, yes and yes. But we still find ourselves moving forward. And when we look around us, we find that there are others right beside us:)

Hang in there, everybody. And if you need encouragement or just want to vent, email me at acod16@gmail.com. Trust me, I could use the encouragement too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...